Since 1979, the name WEBER stands for innovative solutions in future-oriented technology. We develop, design and produce these solutions for a variety of well-known clients in the automobile, medical technology and household appliance industries, as well as many other sectors. With more than 250 employees we offer end-to-end service to our customers that stands out for its unique technological comprehensiveness. We implement your projects from product development, planning and design, through electrical planning, control cabinet design and controller development, to assembly and commissioning on site.
You are looking for a new challenge in a dynamic environment with excellent opportunities for personal development? Then become part of the team at WEBER GmbH!
We want to further develop the team therefore we are searching you for our partner projects in the Frankfurt area for the following position:
Product Engineer (m/f/d) Automotive wind deflectors
- Specify technical description of the assembly: template drawings, generic validation plan, documentation of modular product system and guidelines
- Benchmark customer requirements with the assembly under their responsibility
- Supports DFMEAs and risk assessment in their field
- Support Application teams and monitor application of tools developed to manage modular product system and validation in their field
- Lead / support issue resolutions in their field
- Defines with manufacturing, sales, procurement the product direction for the components and subassemblies under his responsibilities. He then drives this direction into the new projects:
- Defines the preferred solutions in his field of responsibilities
- Includes in the concept directions the adhesion of the cross functional team (commodity buyers, expert manufacturing engineers, quality and production) as well as each region (China, NA and Europe)
- Prepares when required the detailed specification and drive the guideline creations
- Design, leads or supports the innovation projects for the components under his responsibility
- Defines and control the timing for the activities under his responsibility and ensure they are compatible with the milestones of the PDT or Adv Eng Project
- Tracks the status of his activities, informs the Product Development Manager / the program Manager about the progress, metrics, actuals vs targets
- Drives the validation (simulation and tests)
- Initiates, plans and prepare DFM and DFMEA
- Participates to the development of the generic DFMEA for his components
- Participates to the reviews of his components in the projects DFMEA
- Acts as support for PDT using existing concepts:
- Indicates to the team the applicable standards, guidelines
- Drives that the PDT are always aware of the preferred solutions and drive towards them (unless deviation is allowed by the chief engineer) during concept and design reviews
- Checks that the PDT apply the guidelines and best practices
- Review / validates PDT validation proposal – AVP and DVP&R
- Supports the plant or PDT for issue resolution on the components under his / her responsibility
- Leads the capture of best practice updates and the cascading of lessons learnt for product related root causes
- Engineering degree in mechanism, electro-mechanism or general engineering
- A few years of experience in this area in the Automotive industry
- Previous experience in the automotive industry, roofs, mechanism would be beneficial
- Previous experience on managing customer and / or suppliers would be beneficial
Have we made you curious?
Then we are happy to receive your complete application documents including salary requirement and earliest possible joining date. Should you require further information, Dirk Fasold will be happy to assist you (phone: +49 6151-7 85 89-0).
Your career is just a click away!
Information about our Darmstadt branch-office: >>>
Berliner Allee 49
|Telefon:||06151-7 85 89-24|